ISSN (Online) 1613-3684
Multilingua is an international interdisciplinary journal aimed at the enhancement of cross-cultural understanding through the study of interlanguage communication. To this end it publishes articles in fields as diverse as:
- cross-cultural differences in linguistic politeness phenomena
- variety in what is traditionally regarded as one culture
- conversational style
- linguistic description of nonstandard oral varieties of language
- strategies for the organization of verbal interaction
- intracultural linguistic variety
- communication breakdown
- translation and interpretation
- information technology
- methods of managing and using multilingual tools.
Multilingua further publishes research notes, reports, review articles, short reviews, and announcements of upcoming events.
Multilingua occasionally appears as a special issue, covering a specific topic in one of its fields.Multilingua is a peer-reviewed journal of international scope.